Morning Mysore Yoga Practice / Class
With Kathy Falge
Mysore style yoga practice is often referred to as ‘guided or assisted self-practice.’ During this class a teacher will be present to support you in your practice, provide personal attention, hands-on assists, therapeutic modifications, and/or help you deepen your postures, as well as answer questions. You will also be inspired and supported by the presence and energy of other yoga practitioners.
In this method you will learn postures one by one allowing you to easily memorize the sequence. You will be shown modifications that will help make the yoga practice safe and appropriate for you. You will also be able to practice at your own pace following the rhythm of your own breath. Mysore style allows you to develop a yoga practice that is deeply meditative and self-reflective because you are ultimately guided from within.
If you are thinking about joining the morning Mysore program, but have some questions or concerns please feel free to send me an email or give me a call. We have a small, really friendly and supportive group, and this is truly a great way to develop and deepen your yoga practice.
Details and technical stuff:
- The yoga studio is open from 6:30-9:00am Monday - Friday.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays teaching and assistance will be provided between 7:00-9:00am. (you can begin your practice anytime from 6:30am onward)
- Mondays and Fridays will be open practice days. There will not be any instruction during open practice days. This will be an opportunity for us to all practice together, support one another, and encourage each other in our yoga practice.
- You can practice 1 - 5 mornings/week (your choice)
- Your practice can be as short or long as is appropriate for you. Generally, new practitioners will have a shorter practice, about 30-45 minutes, whereas more experienced practitioners will have a longer practice.
- You always have the option to modify the length of your practice depending on how you feel and/or what is going on in your life that day.
- Plan to finish your practice by 9:00am (be sure to save enough time for savasana/relaxation)
Restorative Yoga Sunday Workshops with Kathy Falge
Fall/early winter dates for Restorative Yoga:
Sunday, Oct. 27th - Sunday, Nov. 17th
Sunday, Dec. 8th - Sunday, Dec. 29th
Workshop Time: 3:30-5:00 pm
Tuition: $25/session or you can purchase a package of 4 for $85.00.
Pre-registration is required, please contact Kathy:
Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at: 315-586-2707.
All props will be provided, however, if you have your own yoga mat you may bring it. Please wear comfortable stretchy clothes and dress in layers.
Restorative yoga sessions will begin with a few easy gentle movements combined with breath awareness. This begins the process of warming the muscles, creating space in the body, releasing restlessness, and quieting the mind.
Then we will surrender into the deeply restful and supportive postures of Restorative Yoga where we learn to relax fully and abide peacefully in our own body/mind and the present moment.
Some of the benefits of Restorative Yoga summarized:
- Enhances flexibility
- Deeply relaxes the body
- Stills the mind
- Improves capacity for healing and balancing
- Balances the nervous system
- Boosts the immune system
- Develops qualities of compassion and understanding toward others and self
- Enhances mood states
Everyone can experience the healing benefits of restorative yoga!